Who We Are
WellSpring Community Church has been in existence in Welland since 1985. We were originally founded as Jubilee Worship Centre. We are a Bible believing church that holds community and connectedness as high values. We also believe it’s important to provide an environment that fosters process and spiritual growth rather than just rules and their enforcement.
Our format and layout are somewhat unique for a church. Our meetings take place around tables rather than rows of chairs. This creates a more relaxed atmosphere as well as a more familiar and friendly environment. You can bring your coffee with you or some is served before service and during our break at mid-service.
Our music is contemporary with a bit of a rock edge to it.
What We Believe
God & The Bible
- We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent, all-powerful, and all-knowing. He exists in uniquely as Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit – three in one but only one.
- We believe the Holy Bible is God-inspired text and is our compass and guideline for faith and living.
Jesus & Us
- We believe the world is broken because of sin – falling short of God’s standard. As a result, every person is in a place of need for redemption.
- We believe Jesus Christ came to bring redemption by being a sacrifice on our behalf.
- We believe that Jesus rose again on the third day and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe that through faith in Jesus we can receive the forgiveness of sins and be restored to right standing with God.
Life & Church
- We believe that our faith is expressed in choosing to live a new life guided by God’s Word and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit resides in and empowers believers to live godly lives.
- We believe that Jesus has established spiritual community, known as the church, where people journey together spiritually in relationship.
- We believe that this life is only a small temporary part of our eternal existence.
- We believe that Jesus will return to restore the world to its original design and that all those who have believed in and followed Him will live forever with Him.
A Life-Giving, Bridge-Building Community
Our Vision & Mission
Our vision is to be a life-giving, bridge-building community. Any and all of our activities and events are motivated to be at least one of these three things. We ask three questions:
Life-giving: Does this bring the life of Jesus to people?
Bridge-building: Does this build bridges of connection and relationship?
Community: Does this strengthen community in our church and our city?
These three points help assure that what we do is always part of who we are called to be.
The three main ways we accomplish this is by encountering God, growing together, and serving others.
These take place in Sunday mornings gatherings, in small groups and in both opportunities to serve inside and outside the church community.